|Image via Free People|
So in the name of holiday spirit, I thought I’d share how I try to prepare for travels. After all, the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear eliminating stress.
My Holiday Travel Essentials:
- Hand cream: Airplanes, cold weather and OCD hand washing (stay away, germs) all wreak havoc on my hands. My current favorite is this small batch one by Camille Beckman that is made sustainably in small batches.
- Healthy snack bars: I have the hardest time eating in airports and on the go, so I stash up on go raw bars and elemental superfood bars (both available at Whole Foods). Tip: the spirulina ones pack extra protein.
- Host gifts: Mulling spices from Williams-Sonoma or Bulleit whiskey for hot toddies (pick up some mini bottles if you're flying).
- Sequins: The holidays aren’t complete without them.
- Serial: The new podcast by the creators of This American Life makes long car rides go by in a flash. But Serial debates can get heated, so maybe don’t bring it up over Christmas dinner.
- My husband’s portable iPhone charger: What’s his is mine, right?
- Tide to go: This isn’t just a holiday essential. I carry one in my purse and one in my car at all times, because I’ve learned the hard way that if something can be spilled, it will be spilled. Usually, on my white blouse.
- RelayRides: I just discovered this peer to peer car rental service. Rent your car airbnb-style while you're away for a little extra holiday cash, or rent one at the airport to save money and avoid ridiculously long waits at a rental counter. Added bonus: the sharing industry is the greener way to go.
Whether you are staying close or traveling this holiday, I wish you and yours the merriest. xox.